- Does anyone know a magical cure for one of those headaches you wake up with after a night of sleeping with your neck at the wrong angle after practising drunken sumo wrestling with a bunch of your meaner, heavier friends? You know, those headaches that don't seem to respond to coffee or over-the-counter pain relief? I always read or hear about these cures when I don't have a headache, and of course I don't bother to commit them to memory because at the time I'm planning never to have a headache again.
- I was going to mention that it's my (and, coincidentally, also Rusty's) wedding anniversary today, but I just realized that we got the date wrong, and it was actually yesterday. (Don't worry. This is not a bad relationship omen. We've been getting this wrong for fourteen crankily blissful years.) I was going to borrow a page from Wing Chun and Glark's book and use Wing's "if our marriage were a kid" simile: If our marriage were a kid, it'd have snuck its first beer by now.
- I haven't forgotten about the Worst Date Ever contest, and I may even announce a winner one of these days. I was re-reading some of the entries over the weekend and dear god, people, you've been on some doozies.
- Speaking of contests, I think Chapters has finally become aware of the sucking void that is the customer reviews section of their product pages. They're having a contest in which everyone who writes a customer book review is automatically entered to win a $1000 gift card. That's a lotta dimp!
- I'm looking for a bracelet. A red bracelet, to be specific. As a survivor of the fashion colour wars of the 1980s -- from pastels to primaries to neons -- I find myself now wearing a lot of navy, khaki, grey, and other non-colours. But I'd be willing to dip a toe back in the colour pool if the right red bracelet were to come along. I like these, but I have the feeling that felted wool and summertime are not two great tastes that taste great together. Any tips? I tend to buy hand-made jewelry rather than mass-produced stuff. And I like to define my style (if the word "style" can be applied extremely loosely here) as "rock 'n' roll soccer mom." Is that picky enough for you? You're welcome.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
ETC: Random Wednesdays
Some miscellaneous posting to match my miscellaneous mood these days: