Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ETC: As if I Needed More Proof That Change Is Bad

Don't be alarmed by the new layout. And rest assured: I hate it as much as you do. *

No new post today. I've just completed the painful task of migrating my old site template to the new Blogger template, which promised me ease! and choice! and flexibility! and possibly also handjobs!

Instead I've got nothing but a fouled-up layout and a raging headache. No exciting new features. Same uninspiring template selection as before. Clumsy font and colour customization tools. And those handjobs? Not forthcoming.

Curse you, Blogger. A pox upon all your developers' houses.

* I must've had one of those dreams where you figure things out in your sleep. I was too frustrated and befuddled to think of it last night, but while I slept I remembered how to revert back to my old template, which was the first thing I did when I woke up this morning. Because I'm an anal-retentive nerd. And not even the smart kind of computer nerd. The stupid, bumbling kind who can't even program C++ and is mocked and reviled by the other nerds. This is my tragic fate.

Thanks to the people who posted reassuring comments before I fixed my template. You're nice. Except for you, Doppelsis. You're a meanie. Can't you see my PAIN?

5 comments:

trophycase said...

The labels feature is new and useful. But something, I think the font size, changed, and maybe I'm not as big a fan of change as I thought I was.

Kailana said...

I personally like the tags, but I don't like how you have to log in so much. I don't think my blog changed its appearance as a result...

poodlesue said...

Please don't despair; your blog is an inspiration to me. Content is relevant to my reading tastes and I love your wit...no matter the format keep writing

Nancy said...

I think the new blogger is better than the old, although I still have to put breaks into the html sometimes in order to have my paragraphs lay out the way I want.

You'll survive!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, but everytime I've tried to access it in Netscape this week, it crashes my ding dang browser. Is this a blogger caused issue?