Wednesday, May 08, 2013

11 Children's Classics Re-imagined as Serious Adult Fiction

There's a whole (justifiable) kerflap happening out there about book covers and gender and blabbidy-blah. But I'm not going to wade into that, because I have better things to do. Like guessing what the covers of some of my favourite kids' books would like if they were re-imagined as Serious Adult Fiction. Enjoy!












I should add that I'm just a knob with rudimentary Photoshop skills and a bit of extra time on her hands. If you liked these, the real credit goes to a few of the extremely talented artists and photographers whose work I borrowed for this little exercise in creative time-wastery:

Madeline - Natasha Katharina
The Fantastic Mr. Fox - Kelly Rae Burns
Goodnight Moon - carpenocturne, via deviantart
Lost and Found and Peter Rabbit - Helga Aichinger
The Snowy Day - Kevin J. Miyazaki

7 comments:

JenRen said...

*Love* this! My favourite is "What Do People Do All Day". I always thought that book made adult life look way too interesting!

kay said...

Very funny! You pick up on some of the cliches that abound on modern paperbacks - Charlotte's Web particularly struck me. This is a fun blog in general, I was glad to have found it while doing the random "next blog" thingy.

Anonymous said...

Introduce a e-book to you

LuckyFreeeBooks
I had download the e-book from the website.

Shopnerkotha said...

I always like book.Nice blog. Try it.
http://www.bestessays.com/coursework.php

t74droid said...

Nice choice of literature, try get better understanding with this research paper site

Akshay Kumar said...

Airlift movie release date
Airlift total box office collection prediction
Airlift Movie Trailer

PO (XFM) said...

MTV Roadies X2 webisode 73
MTV Roadies X2 Webisode 72
MTV Roadies X2 webisode 71
MTV Roadies X2 webisode 70
MTV Roadies X2 Episode 9
MTV Roadies X2 webisode 68
MTV Roadies X2 episodes
MTV Roadies x2
MTV Roadies X2 11th April Nepal Journey Full Episode
MTV Roadies X2 nepal journey sneak peek
MTV Roadies X2 webisode 56
MTV Roadies X2 webisode 55
Happy New Year 2016
Happy New Year 2016
Happy New Year 2016
Happy New Year 2016 wishes
Happy New Year 2016 wishes
Happy New Year 2016 wishes
Happy new year wishes for sisters
Happy new year 2016 deocration ideas
New Yaer 2016
Happy new year 2016 wishes