Thursday, March 17, 2005

ETC: Rumours of My Death Are Greatly Exaggerated

I humbly acknowledge my presumptuousness in stealing a title from a writer who's written at least three more classic novels than I have, but I was looking for a clever way to let you know that I haven't abandoned this site. (Apparently, as a woman, I'm statistically much less likely to do this than a guy would be. Deadbeat web daddies. Who knew?)

We're remodelling our home office to accommodate our much-ballyhooed new houseguest (aka "the baby"), so the computer there has been pretty much out of commission. And I'm not able to fluff off at work as much as I'd like, because we're hurtling toward the end of the TV season.

BUT I'm getting a new laptop and we're getting an airport device, so I'll be able to use it anywhere in my house... woohoo! And my work contract ends in two weeks... double-woohoo!

I think about this site with longing at least once a day. I can't wait to get back in the swing of things once all this pesky "having a job" stuff is over. Interestingly, I'm still reading as much as ever, just not posting about it, so you should know that my priorities aren't totally out of whack. I've got five (5!) books to add to the list, which I'm looking at posting about sometime in the next week or so.

I'll be back.*

*Start by quoting Twain, finish by quoting Schwarzenegger. It's a little rule I apply to all my writing: speeches, scripts, web copy, annual reports. What, you've never read my famous "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"/"Don't be economic girlie-men!" speech?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Awww... you noticed. Thanks! It's nice to know that someone other than my husband reads to the end of my entries (and frankly, I think he's lying).