Saturday, July 30, 2005

WEB: I Am NOT a Hippie

Sure, I'm a vegetarian. And I breastfeed my baby. And yeah, that baby may have a tie-dye t-shirt or two. And this one time I was breastfeeding my tie-dye-clad baby in a park, and we were both barefoot, and there was a guy playing the didgeridu (didgereedoo? didgeridoo?)* nearby and another guy playing the African drum a little further away. And since you asked, yes, I've even been to Burning Man a few times.

But I am NOT a hippie.

I am 24% Hippie.
So Not a Hippie.
What? Am I a Republican? Why did I even bother taken this test?! I guess I’ll go back to my George W. Bush fan club and tell them I just wasted 10 minutes of my life. At least I don’t stink, man.

*ETA: Aha! It's didgeridoo! Thanks, Adrian.

[A patchouli-scented thank you to Peekaboo for the link]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi--long time reader, first time commenter. Have been enjoying your discussion of the books you've been reading and makes me think I need to read a lot more than I do.

I mainly wanted to bob up and report, as an Australian, that "didgeridoo" is spelled like this. It's a weird, unearthly sound, but it kind of gets into your consciousness to the point it's hard to think about Australia without echoes of that sound underlying everything else.