Monday, October 15, 2007

Memories

"Man, copying all the phone numbers from my old cell to my new one is taking forever."
"Yeah, that's a pain in the ass."
"And I keep finding people I don't remember at all."
"That's what happens when you keep the same phone for nine years."
"Like, I don't think I've ever even met a Nina, and yet there's one right here in my address book."
"Probably from your raver days."
"Getting contact deets from all my new best friends."
"Who you never saw again."
"Totally."
"'Hey, everybody! Have you met Nina? She and I are going to get together sometime to make soap!'"

5 comments:

Diane Dehler said...

I can't imagine having the same number for nine years. Such a tangle of numbers, characters, friends and sundry.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you don't remember me. I'm really hurt.

landismom said...

eh, just save them on the SIM card this time, then you can keep Nina's number forever without having to decide to.

sharkgila said...

Haha, that's a very familiar dialogue.

Nina said...

Speaking as another Nina, I must say that I think this completely changes our relationship.

And as a longtime lurker, I'd like to add that you make me think there's hope in the world for compulsive readers.