Friday, August 18, 2006

BOOKS: Deadline! Deadline! Deadline!

Just dropping in to say that, once again, my day job is rearing its head, so all I have time to mention is that today is the final day of the Dewey Donation Drive. If you've been planning to donate books to libraries affected by Hurricane Katrina, now's the time to jump on board.

And don't forget: if you donate books or money -- or if you already have -- remember to post about it here. Next week, I'll be drawing the names of ten lucky winners who'll receive books directly from my own bookshelves. I've been pulling titles all week -- some great, some weird, some both -- so make sure you get in on the action.

And I'm off to the salt mines. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

betsytacy said...

First of all, this is an opportunity to tell you how much I enjoy your writing. I stop by this site every day. And as for Dewey Donations, this is a booklover's dream of a charity. I've been getting a lot of freelance work, so I was glad to be able to make a third round of book donations: Ring for Jeeves, the movie Charade, Moonspinners, and Icebergs (a novel a friend of mine wrote).

Tony Franco said...

I'll donate my copy of Believer, Scientist, Abductee now that I have read and reviewed it.